Sunday, March 20, 2011

Rustic Wedding Venues in Adelaide / South Australia – Part two


Yesterday, I posted Part One of suggested Barn-Style and Rustic Wedding Venues in South Australia. If you didn’t see it, scroll down and have a read..
Today, I was going to list a few more, but thought I would first introduce you to the venue of MY Rustic Garden Party

Introducing… Glen Ewin Estate, Houghton, SA.

Located about 25 minutes from the CBD, Glen Ewin Estate really isn’t that far away..it’s just into the Adelaide Hills. But you enter the driveway and suddenly feel like you’ve been transported to a place far, far away.
The gardens are stunning. Did you hear me? STUN-NING. The venue is set in a valley, surrounded by rolling hills. There is a lake by which you can get married, there are gorgeous old stone buildings that look like they belong in the English country side, and there are endless opportunities for photos.


Ok.. the bit you are waiting for... There is a Barn! Well, they actually call it the Pulp Shed. But it is made of wood, is easily a hundred years old, and it used to be a Jam Factory. (In fact, I grew up eating Glen Ewin jam on toast every morning!).
pics courtesy of Glen Ewin

And at the risk of sounding like a Damoz Direct ad, there is MORE! One of the catering options is for a banquet, in the form of shared platters served in the middle of long tables. My dream of communal dining comes true! AND they allow you to BYO all beverages... which was quite a blessing given that my husband and I both work in beverage companies.

Hello ‘Dream Venue’! It was you I had been looking for.

Still not satisfied? Stay tuned… there will be a third installment of SA Rustic Wedding Venues soon (preferably with barns). I have a couple more up my sleeve! 

No comments:

Post a Comment