Monday, March 7, 2011

It's a new blog

Well, it looks like I couldn’t resist this wedding blog thing after all…
Welcome.  If anyone is reading, hello. If not…well it’s just me and you blog!

I’m a wife of exactly 4 weeks and 2 days. A newly-wed. A former fiancé and has-been bride.

Throughout the wedding planning process, I didn’t keep a blog. I was too busy reading them. In fact I‘ve spent the last 2 years poring over the keyboard, devouring online images and soaking up the endless beautiful, creative ideas. I found the wedding planning process totally enjoyable and discovered a new world of amazing things that went way beyond the poofy white dresses, bad bridesmaid dresses and cookie-cutter weddings.

And now here I am, wanting a blog after-the-fact. There’s a few reasons for this:
  1. Because I have all of these images saved in my hard-drive, that will otherwise never see light of day again. I want to put them in one place... to tell the story of how our gorgeous wedding day came to be.
  2. Because maybe one day, a bride will search for a rustic wedding.. and my blog will help her plan as so many helped inspire me!
  3. Because 4 weeks after my wedding, I’m not sick of it all yet. I’m not ready to give up looking at beautiful details. That’s not to say I’m not ready to move on from the wedding planning process. I feel relieved that the day is over and fulfilled our dreams.. But I’m not ready to put away the blogs yet. Wedding planning has offered a creative outlet that I haven’t had in a long time. And I’ve realised just how much I love and need a little creativity in my life! It’s got me contemplating new hobbies, new career opportunities, and it’s got me wanting to share it all with the nameless faceless people of the internet. Or maybe just creating a diary for myself. Either way.. I’m easy. J



2 comments:

  1. Uuummm Yes Mrs Rustic Bride. I found this today and I think you may have saved me from being completely overwhelmed. Thank you! You describe EXACTLY what me and my partner are looking for and will no doubt help me endlessly over the next year as we plan our rustic garden party wedding. Bless. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Pleased to have helped! I obviously have plenty more info to type into this little bible, so please come back and check for more. Would love to help you. xx

    ReplyDelete