Sunday, March 20, 2011

Me & You, Sitting in a tree, k-i-s-s-i-n-g

Something about these pictures (by Mark Brooke via Green Wedding Shoes)  just makes me giddy. I love them.

It's the light - which i imagine is not long before sunset. It's her bare-feet (and his sneakers) that add that relaxed, whimsical look. The green leaves against the dry grass. How at ease and in love the couple looks the day after their wedding. It's the slightly out of focus look that makes it all look dreamy. Aah, LOVE!


Anyway, these pics also jumped out at me because they tie in perfectly with my invitation idea.. which was 'Adam and Jess sitting in a tree'. Yup, remember the little tune from when you were a kid?

Adam and Jess, Sitting in a Tree
K-I-S-S-I-N-G
First comes love, then comes marriage, 
Then comes baby sitting in the carriage
(although lets ignore that last line for a few years!)

Somehow, I wanted this to be the theme of our invites. Cute. And given the 'tree-thing' it also ties into the rustic, woody, feel of everything.
Luckily, we had a very talented groomsmen volunteer to do our wedding invites for us.. I cant wait to show them to you! But that will have to wait til a little further down the track!  

No comments:

Post a Comment